It was interesting to read about different aspects of digital storytelling, and I think it will benefit me as I start to create my own digital story. One of the most beneficial things was to see the 7 elements of digital stories and compare them to the 10 elements of educational digital stories. I want to make my digital story as educational as possible so learning about these elements will help me create my story. I want to make sure I pay attention to the content of the story. It should be relevant to the age group I am teaching, and it would be even better if the story lined up with one of the state standards. Another thing to pay attention to in educational digital stories is grammar and clarity. The story should be professional and purposefully teach students about a topic. Bad grammar can be distracting and misguiding. Also if the story is not able to be clearly seen or heard by the students it will not be a productive learning tool.
One thing that surprised me about digital stories was how long they have been around. I learned that Joe Lambert was one of the forerunners in creating digital stories and was using them in the early 1990s. It quickly developed into a great tool for teachers to use in classrooms, and it also became a way for students to learn by using their creative skills. Recently students have become more technologically motivated, and by using digital stories in classrooms teachers can make learning more fun and exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment