My name is Sarah Smith and I am senior working on graduating in May. My major is English with a concentration in creative writing, and I am minoring in elementary education. I am a part of the elementary education urban/multicultural cohort. I realized I wanted to become a teacher while working at a kids club one summer. I love being able to help children understand different concepts in the classroom and seeing them grasp new ideas. It is exciting to see the progress they make throughout the year, and I want to help build a solid foundation of education they can build on in their later learning experiences.
One of the most enjoyable jobs I have had is working at a kids club during the school year and summer. During the summer months we provided the kids with fun activities and also taught various things about the state of Tennessee. During this time we would have themes such as bike and scooter day, water day, pajama day, and cooking day. I also substituted during the school year when I only had Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes at UT. Also before attending UT I went to Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City where I did a kindergarten practicum at a Morristown elementary school.
During this class I would like to better understand how to appropriately use technology in my future classroom and discover new technology tools that will increase learning. I want to learn how to efficiently use technology in the classroom so I will be able to enhance and not hinder the learning environment. I hope the tools I learn in this class will be able to help me make learning fun for my students and introduce them to different ways of learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment